RCU Forums - View Single Post - Air Hogs Aero Ace!
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 07:26 PM
novielo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air Hogs Aero Ace!

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!

i just made the fet mod on a aa jet... and it works. i used 2 smt irlml6401 sot-23 fet and 2 1k ohm 1/4 watt resistors (yes you read right, 1/4 watt... i had nothing else in hand...). i still have to put everything back in the jet tough. i'll have to also find the right cg, 'cause i put a 230mah lipo in it, and it looks much larger then what was ment to be there...

meagbyte2, did you tried using 1/4 watt resistor in there? i used 2 30 ga braided wire going across the resistor and connected them to the fet once they where soldered... was sssoooooo easy first try on each 4 wire where the good ones. thanks alot for your help with that.

neurotex, thanks alot for your plane, can't wait to try it!!!

got a question a bout n-20 motor, i'm not sure it's what i have... the motor i have weight 10-15 grams and there size is: like an oval with two flats, 5/8" (15mm) flats, 3/4" (20mm) largest part of the "oval", about 1" (25mm) lenght. the shaft is very long, 1/2" (13mm). i have defender props laying around, does anybody ever tried to used 2 2-blades prop, put them in right angle to make a 4-blades prop?