RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mini Ultra Stick
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 09:25 PM
av8r1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Mini Ultra Stick

ORIGINAL: jmir

av8r1

I use a Spektrum DX6 with my MUS and have programmed it for flaperons. However, I've experienced smoother landings without flaps than with them. It becomes a little unstable when I turn the flaps on and does not really slow the plane down.

I'm using only 30% throw on the flaps. Is that too little?
Unfortunately, I've since split my ailerons into separate flaps so I can't check how much my flaperon deflection was. I don't remember for sure but I don't think it was a whole lot. It doesn't take much, and too much will make it hard to control. I usually program 2 levels of flaperon deflection and usually end up using the lower amount. It will get less stable the more flaperon you use. It might take a little getting used to the flaperons before you get comfortable with them. I'm not sure how much 30% on a DX6 is, but you might try less, although I don't understand why it's not slowing it down. Mine landed nice and slow without flaperons as long as I kept a little power on and kept the nose up a bit, but a little bit of flaperons slowed it down even more. I always used them to land when I flew it at my little home runway in my back yard. I don't know if your prop might be a factor in keeping it from slowing down. I use an APC 12x6E prop on mine.