RCU Forums - View Single Post - "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 07:48 PM
chubbysuncle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/10th BUGGY

I can hear the air hiss out near the top of the tank when i blow through the fuel line that goes to the exhaust, closing the other fuel line.

Is this purely due to the O ring or just that the tank has be replaced. I am goin to seal the engine and try it out again.
I just got the new fuel tank today and put it on. I ripped the old one apart and I believe I found the source of the leak. It may not be the O ring. If you remove the tank lid and remove the screw holding the Oring there's a plastic disc that comes out. The O ring is actually on this piece. The screw goes into the center of the lid where the exhaust pressure line connects. ANYWAY... there is no gasket or seal between the plastic disc and the tank flip lid. I tried a couple of things to seal that area but I think some rtv silicone might do the trick. I put a small bead around and reassembled the center disc. You can't tighten the center screw alot cause it just strips. The new tank also leaked alittle and I snugged the center screw and it sealed. I tried a thin oring to seal the old one at first but you can't tighten the screw enough to compress the Oring. I'll let you know how the repair works this weekend. I'm letting it cure good for a day before I put the lid back on the tank. I'll put it in the buggy and see how she goes!