RCU Forums - View Single Post - Wax Paper sticking
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2003, 11:18 AM
lownslo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default glue tips......

I guess even wax paper is like a lot of things today.....cut the manufacturing costs... and cut the quality!! Anyway....Nav8tor said,
Another tip is to use the glue tips (pun intended) that you can get from tower hobbies or your LHS.
I use the tips made by Dave Brown. There is about 10 (?) in a bag and cost about $4 or $5. Well worth it!!!! It is a "bulb" with a long stem. You squeeze the bulb, put the tip down into the CA bottle and release. Draw up as much, or as little CA as you like, into the "storage bulb". I have a small block of wood with 2 holes drilled in it. The holes are a little bigger than the bulb and about 1" deep. I marked one, "thin" and the other hole "medium". I usually put some black magic marker on the medium applicator to help me in grabbing the correct applicator. Some guys don't even put a pin in the end of the tip for storing. I do.... but it is little tricky getting a pin in that small hole!! Here is the good part about the DB applicator. You can customize the length of the stem AND the exit hole diameter The stem comes about 4" long. Say you want a 2" stem. Just take your needlenose pliers, grab the stem at 2" and start pulling slowly. You will see the stem start to stretch and get skinny!!!! Be careful.... don't pull it apart!! Now just take a blade and cut it off. The tip is now shorter, and you can REALLY control the CA coming out. EVEN the thin stuff.
My first kit had wax paper stuck all over the wing. This year I used the DB applicators as above. I built a large wing, 4* 120, and had wax paper stuck in only 2 little spots. These things really last a long time.
.... lownslo