RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fast/cheep/turns
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 11:50 AM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast/cheep/turns

Guys:

Gonna tell you one that will be hard to stomach. Have been flying a Matney Animal Zoomer in local club race open class, Jett 50 bse with black pipe power, turns 18.6K on the ground. Broke it in half at first flight dead stick, repaired, repainted, now porkey at 5.8 lbs. Anyway, out comes my nemisis with a Hobbico Avistar 40, wing eventually cut down to 40", built flat, powered by K & B 48 screemer, performance pipe. Darn thing stays with me on the streight, and outturns me big time. Front end is open and stock. I just keep coming in second to this thing and continue being frustrated. The Zoomer is a fast airframe, a cross between a Q-500 and F1. I just can't get it to turn at 5.8 pounds. It tucks the left wing toward the ground, and at around 150 mph gets scarry for this old man. Would hate to loose it into the crowd. It is spot on at the design CG, 2.75". wing cord is 9.9", about 28%. Moving the CG does not change the bad character, does smooth out straight line habbit. Guess am going to have to buy another fuse and rebuild, or find another fast airframe that will turn with the rest. One bad engine run, was outrun by a OS 32 with pipe in a Viper. Oh, woe, woe, woe, poop. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Slow Bro #119