RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2 questions
Thread: 2 questions
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 09:52 PM
Robertm64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 questions

OK here it goes first question! i have a charger it s for 7 cell 8.4V nihm packs it ranges from .5 to 1.8 charge rate. how high should i be charging the packs?

And the Second one!

Tonight was my first flight ever. and i did it all by myself. no prior training! I have a gws estarter. upon taxing it down the runway i discovered no matter how far i pushed the rudder to the right it still turned violently to the left.[&:]! so yeah even thought the haves of the fuse were lined up the landing gear didnt go in straight! no wonder it didnt taxi straight. so i ge it on a goot take off surface and JAM the throtle wide open and pull back on the elevators[>:]!! WOOHOO! take off in about 8 feet i flew for about 50 yards in a semi circle finding out how sensitive the controls really are[X(]( my first flight ever remind you)!! i landed and tore the landing gear right off well alright i needed to glue them on straight anyways. well now what! im not letting that get me down. HANDLAUNCH!!! my second attempt was much better i circled the field several times the flight was about 5 mins.

now to the question the plane seems to roll to the right or left and side slip rather quickly mind you. so I let go of the stick and throttle it down and it leveled out. back on the throttle and away i go again. Is this because i am making the plane turn too hard? it only seems to happen when im trying to turn the plane. What else could be causing this?

Oh yes it went into another spiral death spin about 10 yards from the ground having logged my 5 mins 22.4 seconds of flight time im not that fast on the stick and only managed to level it out just before a fast and furious landing. and I broke my prop! not bad i might say for my first flight. really wish I had an instructor after reading some of the horror stories about first solo flights.