RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2 questions
Thread: 2 questions
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 05:52 AM
AJ1202

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2 questions

HI Robert, welcome to the wonderfull world of RC flight, I have a E-Starter and love it, it sounds like your overcontroling it, the plane will roll on it's side when it turns, that is normal but if you turn it too hard it rolls so far that it will go into a spiral,also did you install your ailerons or are you just flying rudder elevator, if only rudder remember it takes a sec to begni turning so don't force it, this plane is designed for ailerons and will fly rudder only but not as well, the trick is nice gentle movments on the stick and once it begins to turn ease off and it should stay in the turn for a bit before pullng back level. as far as turning left on the ground that is also normal as your dealing with the motor torque, a rather fast take off or a steerable tailwheel is the only solution to that. The stock set up on the landing gear is trash, I trimmed the mounting hole out and shimmed it with plastic and glued my gear in place, this has worked very good. I think the ES is a good plane to learn on, just don't push it too hard while you learn and it will hold up well.
I flew mine untill I burnt up the motor and now have a brushless motor on it. it is hands down the best flying plane in my fleet for overall performance
Good luck with yours and happy flying