RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which ESC's can handle 11.1V???
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 03:35 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which ESC's can handle 11.1V???

ORIGINAL: stewtheman

I'm not wanting to buy another ESC to handle the extra voltage but wondering if my setups would be fine with a 3-cell LiPo. I know there are some out there that are listed to handle additional volts, but I guess I'm just a little mystified that the overwhelming majority is only rated for 6 to 7 cells. U-dUd, with your 8T and 16T Intellispeeds, what kinds of motors are you running off those ESC's and how aggressively are they geared. It's going to make a big difference how close to the the turn limit you are with the extra voltage you can run through the ESC, right?
Yes, I think you are right about being close to the turn limit.

The sprints are with 14 turn and 20 and 19 turn motors with the 19 turn geared "too high" That's just the way I gear stuff cuz I like high speed.

The 8 turn runs a 27 turn motor and the 16 turn runs a 14 turn motor both geared "too high"

The Streak runs parrallel 35 turn lathe motors and is geared stock.

I generally get away with running under the turn limit OR running over the voltage limit. It is very typical for me to use a rtr completely stock and simply add 2 cells or use a 3S lipo with stock gearing.