RCU Forums - View Single Post - SIG Wonder needs advice
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 07:16 PM
jsn
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SIG Wonder needs advice

15 size engine, mini servo's and build it as LIGHT as you can... no sloping extra epoxy and glue here and there I flew mine with a Magnum .25 and pipe WAY to fast but fun! mine came in at 38 oz and that's just to heavy... in a little plane like this you notice an ounce... 6 ounces is like adding a pound to a forty size plane. Hand launches are fairly easy since you have the fuse to grab onto... full throttle and a good toss is all it takes... try hand launching a Magnum by yourself with a 8x8 prop... it can get real interesting QUICK. Landing is easy to if you keep the weight down... mine lands like a brick and needs throttle management until just before touch down...not much fun but doable. Gear is not needed... if your flying of anything but grass use some epoxy and cloth inside the bottom of the fuse for added strength... easy on the epoxy though 2 strips of clear packing tape over the covering will protect it some what without adding much weight... replace as needed. Keep it light and and have fun... fast, even with a .15 is a given

John