RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat vehicle repair/tune FAQ
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 06:27 AM
chubbysuncle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat vehicle repair/tune FAQ

ORIGINAL: giddyuperic

OKAY PEOPLE LETS PUT THIS TO BED!! YOU DO NOT STOP A NITRO CAR,TRUCK,BUGGY WHAT EVER BY COVERING THE HOLE IN THE EXAUST PIPE OR STICK YOUR FINGER IN WHERE THE FLYWHEEL IS!!! PEOPLE JUST PINCH THE FUEL LINE GOING TO THE CARB AND THAT WILL ALSO BURN ANY FUEL LEFT IN THE CUMBUSTION CHAMBER. SO NO MORE SHOES, FINGERS PLEASE AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.
You really don't need to yell. If I have to shut my truck off quick or in an emergency,I put my finger on the stinger...Too bad if you don't like it... stops it quick and I'm not ripping the body around digging for a fuel line. Keep an old rag in your pocket and use it over your finger if it's an aluminuim pipe. My normal shutdown is I just run the car/truck out of fuel. I plan my runs to a point and if it looks like I can't run a full 10 -15 mins then I don't fill the tank to the top. Why would you not use all the fuel in the tank? You guys aren't leaving your cars laying around with fuel in them, are you?? Oh and I oil my "cumbustion" chamber after I'm done running.