RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro models pusher Bobcat?
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 05:43 PM
topper5
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

SORRY THE RUNWAY WAS ASPHALT.
Today Wednesday the 23rd about 10am SHE FLEW, and it was great, the first flight i let her go down the runway 100-ma by 200 feet before i pulled back on the stick just to make sure i had good ground speed, because after yesterday i was bound and determined, DO OR DIE, she rotated about 45 degrees after lift off and rose to about 100 feet, the plane seems very stable, i had a strong cross wind and the plane seemed to handle it just fine, the rolls were tight (ON LOW RATE) inverted flight was just as stable with very little down elevator. sorry no knife edge today.
and my second flight was the same as the first, except i richened the motor a little bit much and after about 6 minuets she ran out of fuel. (THE DREADED DEAD STICK) at this point the wind was dead calm and i pointed the nose to the ground and brought her around for the approach Lucky i wasn't far of my line up to land, she floated a little (and i stress a little) but it did float.

SO TO SUM IT ALL UP 6.9IN CG IS WRONG MY CG IS AT 9IN AND FOR (ME) IT SEEMS GOOD AND MA BY A GOOD PLACE FOR THE REST OF YOU TO START.

MAIDEN FLIGHT'S WERE AWESOME, SHE LOOKS GREAT ON THE LOW FLY-BY, THE YS-45 WILL FLY HER, I'M AT ABOUT 4,500-FEET SO YOU GUYS AT MUCH LOWER ALTITUDE'S WILL DO AWESOME WITH THAT MOTOR OR EVEN THE 61's+

PLANE SPECS:

TOTAL WEIGHT IS 7.75LB
CG IS AT 9.IN
MOTOR IS A YS-45 AND TUNED PIPE WITH 10X7 PROP

I WISH YOU ALL THE SAME LUCK, THIS WILL BE A GERAT LITTLE PROP JET