RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pirate Ship by Aquacraft "King's Ransom"
Old 08-24-2006, 10:06 AM
hpiguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pirate Ship by Aquacraft "King's Ransom"

ORIGINAL: Harquebus

Well, by gum... I didn't think you'd ever bite on that one (considering your previous opinion of this "toy" ) so it is surprising to hear you nabbed one at a steal of a price. I guess you weren't so disdainful of it after all.

I surprised myself too. I wanted the boat, then when I saw more pics of it I decided it was too toy like. THEN I saw one at the local store and really loved the size and potential of the boat. But he was asking a ridiculous $350 for it.

When I saw this one on Tower with only box damage (well I got it and it has much more than that damaged) for peanuts I thought why not try it. The worst that happens is you have a large caricature of a pirate ship for under 200 bucks.

I got the boat yesterday and I was none too happy with Tower. The boat was heavily damaged. Not just the box as they said. I put about two hours in it last night gluing pieces back on. The radio mounts, servo mount and motor mount was completely severed from the hull. That was the hardest task to fit my gorilla hands in there and epxoy all that back and get it lined up correctly. Manyof the metal fittings on the outside are bent and mangled. I reattached what I could and will braze/solder the rest back to working condition.

I will be calling Tower to see if we can work out a deal on a partial refund of more money since this was grossly mislabeled.

The rigging is OK, and only OK. The chinese people putting this together got a little happy with the CA and many of the ropes are soaked in it and super stiff.

The deck is real wood, not plastic. More like hard bass wood with lines on it.

Overall I'll say it's a good boat to mess around with and for a kid, this would be a very cool boat to pillage the local lakes and ponds, or even mess around with in the pool.