View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Dangerous Dan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ZDZ GONE BAD!!!!!

Problem resolved see post 23

ORIGINAL: wildchild45177

If it bogged down and spead up depending on the attitude of the plane, then it was not adjusted properly, or had a problem in the first place. Either way it should have been sent back then, and possibly saved ruining it completely.

Bob

I agree completly, It did not come with a manual so it was a challenge to set the needles, three people tried and the problem got better but would not go away. If it had been sent in then it would have resolved the initial problems, but the carb screw would have likely still came off and toasted the engine. To RC Showcases sredit they did replace the faulty ignition. Scott an I travel to IMAC's together and when you send in an engine to have them troubleshoot a problem that only shows itself in the air you would likely be without an engine for 2 weeks or more.

Scotts origional ZDZ80RV got hot when there was not enough of an opening in the cowel, Lesson learned, Scott paid for these repairs.
The Super 80 had ample cooling and this was not the issue although RC showcase claimed that the engine was about to blow up anyway. If this is true it is not because of anything Scott did it is because of the problems the engine had from the get go.