RCU Forums - View Single Post - Monokote on Monokote
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2002, 08:51 PM
RC_Junky
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monokote on Monokote

Below is a method that I came across and copied word for word from an online forum (can't remember which one). I have not tried it (haven't covered a plane since comming across it), so I'm not sure if or how good it works but I am going to give it a try. If anyone knows of this or have tried it please let me know what you think, here goes:

You can easily mix up a brew that will allow you to use the "wet" method to attach your Monokote trim that is very easy to do and will not require any sealing with the iron when it's dry. In an old Windex or other spray bottle mix up about 4 oz. water, 2 or 3 oz. of denatured alcohol, a small amount of dishwashing liquid (about 8 or 10 drops) and about 1 to 1-1/2 oz of Trim Solvent. Shake it up good and spray it on the base covering, getting a even thin coat. Lay your Monokote trim (be sure to remove the clear plastic) onto the sprayed area and slide it around until it's in exactly the right position. Take a soft rubber squeegee (get these at the car parts place) and working from the center in all directions squeegee the liquid out until there are no bubbles or creases. Use paper towels to sop up the excess and then allow to dry at least four hours (depends on temp and humidity). The trim will be fastened to the base Monokote as if it were ironed on and won't come off.