RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 03:37 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

MoreHP:

If I understand what you’re asking about, valves and their seats are commonly ground at very slightly different angles. The seat is cut at 45 degrees, and the valve is cut at 44 degrees. This gives effectively a line contact for the sealing, any lapping done will also defeat this line contact.

Yes, the chrome plated seat will expand more than the bronze seat at the same temperature, making your valve lapping even more of a wasted effort.

Mandtra:

You are added as member number 368 in Club Saito.

My preference for fuel is 15% Omega, I’ve never seen the need for higher nitro. More power? Bigger engine. Simple. Many people do use 20% and 30%, and are very happy with it. The only thing I insist on is 3-4% castor oil in the fuel, other than that, whatever suits your fancy.
All the Saito engines run just as well inverted as upright, so long as the fuel system is done correctly. As Rajul and Xjet mentioned, check your tank height.

Rajul:

We have an ad hoc committee here, Hobbsy takes most of the propellor and installation questions, I try to stay on top of the mechanicals, and W8YE fills in for both of us.

Many of my posts are dashed off with maximum speed, just a few words. Others have required consideration, cogitation, contemplation, and composition. On some posts, with a fair bit of technicality involved and maybe a picture or two, I have spent several hours getting ready for the thread. And if you check my post count, this is my post number 19,999. A lot of time has been spent here. Just trying to help.

I am the sole keeper of the membership list though. In the early days SigMan (thread originator) approved all new entries, but I haven’t seen him for months. The only thing I’ve considered for adding someone to the roll is Saito ownership, and membership in good standing in RCU.

Barry:

When I designed the Tiggerkitty I sized the nacelles to use Coke cans for the cowlings. Then when I went to the 7-11 store for a six-pack I found the Schlitz “Malt Liquor” cost less than Coke, so what could I do? Haw. I’m not a beer drinker, but the dark Schlitz product didn’t taste bad. Falstaff I know from nothing.

Bill.