RCU Forums - View Single Post - HPI E-Savage
Thread: HPI E-Savage
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 05:06 AM
rhylsadar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI E-Savage

hi

coming back from my holidays and seeing all those new threads about e savages in nearly every forum i read, made me very very curious. realizing that it was just a sticker swap to differentiate it from the e zilla made me come down to earth in seconds. now i am not sure what to think of this marketing switch. on one hand one can hope that parts availability will improve and maybe some aftermarkt tuning parts become available. this surely will help to spread this model on a wider range. but on the other hand the downside stays, that the e savage will not be compatible with mostly all of the tuning parts for the nitro savage. particarly nothing except of the shocks and wheels are interchangeable. i can hardly understand why hpi is not producing a REAL e savage where all the already existing aftermarkt parts are compatible. it would be so easy to make for them. all the bodies would perfectly fit, alloy diffs, stronger driveshafts etc etc. i can not imagine where they see the problem.

but anyhow after all i think this swap will make the e zilla more attractive. eventhough the naming "e savage" will create some massive misunderstandings about part compatibility i think.

bye
rhylsadar