RCU Forums - View Single Post - OXAI announced new Zeque
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 08:07 AM
MHester
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OXAI announced new Zeque

ORIGINAL: dflynt

If a fellow American is going to bash a fellow pattern supplier, it would be a lot less embarrassing if the fellow American offered a superior product. And if that product were superior, then there would probably be a worldwide demand for it, and his production facility would probably be much larger and sophisticated than that of the competiton's. If the Black Magic is really the best flying airplane around, then some top flyer is going to realize it, and he will want that advantage. If your are correct in your assessment, then the top fliers around the world will soon be demanding and flying the Black Magic. Let's see what happens.

I like wood planes. If someone in the U.S. were capable of building a plane like the scratch-build Zeque, I will get in line for one of those.

David
I thought you would have learned your lesson a couple years ago over the PL debate. Looks to me like you're just picking a fight. Bored? You call it "bashing", when in fact all I said was it didn't hold a candle to an OXAI, (and I truly believe that), and that I PERSONALLY don't like them. Also listed in detail what I don't like. Ignore or dismiss at your preference, it's real. I'm not dragging into an arguement over taste and preference. Fly a titatium/carbon hybrid, fly a cardboard crapbox, see what I care. How in the 9 hells would you know what the quality of my plane is anyway? Because it doesn't come with a gel coated fuse? Because you have to *gasp* build it? Have you ever flown one?

As for your above quoted statement, mark my words: you are about to eat yours. With a 5lb bag of salt. I'll wait [8D]

If expressing preference and dislike is bashing, then call it what you want. Trivia question: which plane won the Concours de Elegance at the 2006 Nats? Hint: it wasn't a ZN plane. Both the winner and runner up were wood roaches. And those were voted on by the pilots themselves.

Another trivia question: how many US pilots will be flying a Black Magic next year? Hint: more than you think. Quite a few overseas too.

I don't really care. I can't keep up with the demand for this thing as it is. I have what I want, so we'll see how it goes.

Now I'm heading out the door to do something novel: compete in a contest, what a concept!

-Mike

PS Thanks Arch....