RCU Forums - View Single Post - Savage SS .25
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 11:40 PM
f150dan
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Savage SS .25

I just thought I would tell you guys that the Hot Bodies heavy duty composite clutch shoes are junk.[>:]They would constantly slip with this new motor and they made the clutchbell get to about 300 degrees. When I pulled them out, they were almost melted and really deformed. When I bought my Savage used, it already came with aluminum clutch shoes. They were starting to get worn out so I thought I would try these composite ones. Bad idea. So I pulled out the ole Dremel and smoothed out the old aluminum clutch shoes to try and get more life out of them until I can order some new one. Would it be worth it to upgrade to a new 3 shoe clutch and flywheel, or should I just get a new set of 2 clutch shoes for this new motor.

On another note, I finally got through the whole break in procedure. I used the "heat cycle" method since I've had good luck with it before. So tomorrow I can hopefully put a nice performance tune in it and see how much of a difference the aluminum shoes will make. I can't wait. I also had to readjust the shiftpoints with the new motor and gearing. This thing should be a rocket by tomorrow.

One of my buddies is already wanting to dragrace me with his Sportwerks .26 MGT. Bigger truck, smaller motor. I should kill him. I guess I will find out soon enough. I want to get as much fuel run through mine as possible before we do run them because I wanna make sure my motor is loosened up enough.