RCU Forums - View Single Post - Glider cradle causes tow plane instability
Old 08-26-2006, 01:33 PM
tenacious101010
My Feedback: (97)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Glider cradle causes tow plane instability

darock, I love that glider, is it a kit? Does it have ailerons? We found the same thing you did, we need to use the glider rudder to make turns and I use the elevator on the tow plane to control pitch. We loved exploring this so much we decided to see what else we could do with our Alpha, now known as the "TRUCK" since we haul so much junk into the air with it. We made a pod that attaches underneath so we could carry things aloft. We dropped a fairly large parachute with it , some plastic easter eggs filled with baby powder and some water ballons, what fun ! The plastic eggs were visually great when the hit the runway. We are going to grind up some colored chalk to give them color next time. Was funny, every time someone took off or landed we saw a cloud of baby powder and smelled it too. Made the flying field smell like a nursery, well, exceot with out the bad odor part. Heres some pics of the setup. I made it based on a cardboard tube, it actually turned out to work quite well and was simple to make. Now I am thinking of what else I can drop from it, we thought of a candy drop for the open house. I am thinking for the open house I would like to do a fly-by releasing a banner that says " WELCOME TO THE TRAC OPEN HOUSE !", has anyone tried anything similar to this? For some reason I keep having this thought of taking it way up and dropping a framed picture of my mother-in-law and watching it drop, not sure whats up with that. I am open to any other ideas of fun things to do with this plane, anyone have any ideas? I will take some detailed pictures of the pod in case anyone wants to make something similar using what I made.
Denny
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93735.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	513538   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gc91274.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	513539   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk18223.jpg
Views:	13