RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 08:53 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

Jonathan- the- Chinky- Boy:

Send me your email address, I’ll send a copy of Saito Notes, all tuning is covered, and that will save all of us having to type it again.

I’ve put you in as member number 264 in Club Saito. Welcome.

IC:

I suspect your “New” pipe was really one of the older ones. A few years ago Saito decreased the size of the intake pipes, probably to keep the mixture velocity higher at low throttle, and make the idle better. I first noticed this when I ordered a new pipe for my FA-80, it was a much looser fit than the original. I knocked the ding out of the old pipe and used it again because it was a much better fit.

If I ever pull the 80 down again, and if I remember to, I’ll check both diameters and post the result.

It is also possible the o-ring problems on the FA-72 started with this change, as you speculated.

TC:

I have used a lot of Castrol “R” pure castor oil, I’ve never used the “M” version. So far as I know, “Real” Castrol products from the Wakefield Oil Company are no longer sold in the USA. When I had my shop I did sell Castrol, but it was packaged by some other outfit here. If your buddy is having good results using the M I see no reason you should not use it, so long as there is enough castor in the blend to keep your final mix around 4% castor oil. Or you add enough to bring it up. If it’s no more than 70% synthetic you should be fine. And saving money.

Please do let us know what you find out about the FA-125.

Bill.