RCU Forums - View Single Post - Its Here!! Double Vision
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 08:50 AM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Its Here!! Double Vision

Full throttle runs on most aircraft, especially 3D designs aren't usually suggested... THe airframe can EASILY take it...

If you have proper strength servos, tight linkage, sealed hingelines, good gemoetry and no unforseen issues that might start a flutter.

I can't say I have even flown any of my 3D planes full throttle horizontal more than a few seconds to gain speed for pull up maneuvers.

So will YOUR DV handle it? Only you can answer that.

My suggestion is that with any new plane... break it in and become used to it's capabilites. Build up in G-FOrces and speed until you've reached your own personal level of satisfaction. If there IS a failure it will hopefully happen at a speed that allows recovery...

Especially on maiden... I;d suggest you get it up and fly it for no more than 4-5 minutes... trim, loops, rolls, upright and inverted flight, a few positive and negative snaps at low speed.

Then start shooting landings. When you get a nice glide... keep a tad bit of throttle on here at first... or be ready to blip the throttle a few times during that last 4-5 feeet of glide path. You'll find this as most bipes will suddenly bleed that last little bit of speed off rather quick... Not a smooth bleed curve like a cleaner monoplane... But a decent glide up to 80%-90% then it expontntially loses speed and lift. A few blips at that 4-5' mark will ensure a clean decent.

THEN onspect the plane closely. All screews, servos screws, linkage, control horns, engine, muffler bolts, etc... Then do so after each of the following 3-4 flights (full length flights) to make sure berything is tight... each flight get faster and harder.

But most of all enjoy... the DV's best characteristics come in the hogh alpha department. It's not necessarily a super clean, high speed airframe... but simply has no equal in low and slow amneuvers...

EnjoY!