RCU Forums - View Single Post - official mini quake thread
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 12:33 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: official mini quake thread

ORIGINAL: cookie monster

im not into spending all that money on radio and motor and all that other stupid stuff. im more into just getting something to drive around my house and crash into my dogs. i dont mind the duratrax radio because i got kind used to it when i had my nitro evader. i still use that radio and receiver on my vintage wild willy. you said im probably gone to end up replacing gears and diffs. what gears and what kind of diffs does the mini quake have? i will probably end up locking out the rear diff after awhile.
You can probably buy an RTR SE on Ebay if you keep your eyes open for one. If you plan on keeping the truck, I can only warn you that the SE is the way to go, or you will have it to SE spec by the end of the first year anyways. The MQ has a simple 4 gear spider diff assy. Don't even think about locking the rear diff without upgrading to metal CVDs at least. Those outdrives won't stand a chance.

Anyone that has had a Mini Quake will tell you to go ahead and get the SE, but hey, what do we know?