RCU Forums - View Single Post - Set Ups for 3D Buddies
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 06:37 PM
suitcase
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Set Ups for 3D Buddies

I had first the extreme flight yak and when it finally was destroyed I saved the running gear and put it in a 3D buddy extra. The workmanship on it was not as good as the yak. It came out of the box with a crooked fuse and the horizontal stab was waaaay off. I flew it a long time though and just lived with the poor flight characteristics. I saved the motor and gearbox and esc and order the extra 300 from Hobby Lobby. It's the best with out a doubt. The tail feather servos mount in the rear fuse and no need for the little guides that drive you nuts. The fuse was straight and true and the stab was right with the wing first try. I glued it all up because I don't plan on putting it back in the stupid box anyway. I put a Phoenix 25 esc and E-Flite 400 outrunner. I'm using a futaba 127 RX that I removed the box and shrinkwrapped for receiver. I don't know what it weighs, don't really care, it hovers at half throttle with a 10X4.7 prop and TP 1320 3S. The Hobby Lobby plane is the best hands down.http://www.hobby-lobby.com/extra330.htm