RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3 year RCU anniv coming up... long standing members post your old school rides!
Old 08-31-2006, 12:06 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 year RCU anniv coming up... long standing members post your old school rides!

I have been sharing pics and enjoying other members build ups for years!!! I figured it would be cool to revisit some of the trucks that we have built and sold many years ago that are all but forgotten. I actually reviewed some of my first few months of posts to scrape together some of my old rides. I have LONG since deleted the pictures, but they were still hosted by RCU so I reclaimed them. Thanks RCU for a blast from the past. A LOT of the members don't post anymore so if you remember any more 'classic' trucks, then post them.

Can't believe I have been on here for almost 3 years and the number of trucks and cars I have been through in the process. Sportmaxx, Savage 21, HPI Nitro MT, RC10GT, XTM Xterminator, Clodbuster (stock), Clodbuster (highly modded), T-Maxx, GS SUT, XTM X-Factor, RC-18MT, Mini-T, Mini LST and my current stable- LST, Nitro MT Racer, Hyper 7, Mini Quake and soon MGT SE and Revo. I also went through a retro phase and acquired new built Kyosho Big Brute, Monster Vette, Blackfoot, Monster Beetle, USA-1 and an original clod which have since been sold.

This was the truck that started this whole Nitro craze off for me, A Traxxas Sportmaxx. I did a lot to this truck, and it went through about 5 different build ups before being traded for a Mad Force RCX edition. RPM arms, skids, shock towers, 4x4, 2-speed, Imex tires on HPI wheels and so much more. I bought this in Sep of 2003. I beat the snot out of this truck and ran many many gallons of fuel through. That 2.5 was a great engine for me.

My old Mad Force RCX. I COMPLETELY regret getting rid of this truck. What a dumbass I was. They are hard to find, and when you do they are pricey. Mad Force's are hard enough to find, but the RCX had dual shocks per corner, OS-21RG, upgraded steering and much more. This is the ONE truck if I could get back I would. I always keep an eye on Ebay for an RCX, but I haven't seen one in almost a year...

This is the final pic of my 'original fleet', a Savage 21, my Maxx, MF RCX and Clod.

Ah, memories. Here's to 3 years of a great time in a great hobby with good people. This hobby has been a lot of fun for me and I will continue to enjoy it for 3 more years.