RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3 year RCU anniv coming up... long standing members post your old school rides!
Old 09-06-2006, 09:44 PM
avery4jc
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3 year RCU anniv coming up... long standing members post your old school rides!

I get that warm and fuzzy feeling while reading this thread I don't know if you guys remember me but I was on here a ton then I moved on to working on my fullsize truck ('85 K10) but I come on from time to time. I'm in the process of selling my 1/6 scale done to the hilt Monster Beetle (now on ebay) and I might start up another project.
I don't know how far back you guys remember but I still work at the lhs which is probably the reason for my slow down. It was a blast but when it was my job and hobby it got to be a little old. Anyways I'm pondering the idea of doing a twin engine savage since I have done everything else under the sun.

Ok here we go...
I have done tons of projects but these are the ones I have pictures of...
My gorilla maxx e-maxx was one of my first big projects, great truck and handled like a dream.

I also have my rock crawler that I built from random parts off of other trucks, 55t lathe, independent 4ws, locked, the whole nine yards...

Next up is my insane brushless Factory Team 18T. It was the first one built around here and was the first FT 18T that our shop had...

Hmm also have my little mini-t. Again, one of the first ones that we had in at our shop. Not much, reedy motor, shocks, cvd's, LiPo, etc...

Also can't forget the current beast, the Monster Beetle...it has a Oneill Bros. 26cc chrome engine, Jetpro pipe, TOTL electronics, metal gears, etc...

Of course we can't forget about rusty, he was my first r.c. car EVER and it still runs great. Of course now it runs on 9GP3300's, a MGM80 and a Lehner Basic4200 along with a slew of upgrades...

And then those that I don't have pictures of include:
brushless 12L3
two Evader-ST's
my original T-Maxx (first nitro)
Nitro tc3
electric tc3 (another current project)
and the list goes on...

Hope you guys enjoyed that walk down memory lane as much as I did. Here's to many more years of modding!

-Avery