RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR radio problem, Horizon's 'help'
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 11:18 PM
mcjustis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR radio problem, Horizon's 'help'

Here's the e-mail I sent to JR explaining the problems I've been having with my radio.

I purchased a 6102 radio in January of this year and am having problems. I had the problems when I purchased it I just didn't realize it was the radio at the time. I have been flying this radio with the original receiver it came with on FM ch. 50. I have never had so much as a glitch on the main receiver, but when I try to use another brand of receiver it doesn't work. When I use another receiver, I do a range check and get about 10 feetfrom the plane with the antenna collapsed and all the servos start erratically jittering. I have to get about three or four feet away for it to work again. It works ok with the antenna extended up to about 200 feet. I only had to lose two airplanes to figure out the problem. Here are the receivers I've had trouble with: Mikro designs SPF-5, two different GWS four channels, one GWS six channel, and an Airtronics 92777 (six channel). Each system I had problems with I switched out with the original JR receiver and had absolutely no problems. So, the only common thing I can find with all the problems I've had is the transmitter. I have also tried all the receivers with other radios and they worked perfectly. Do you have any ideas as to what might be causing this?
Thanks for your time,
Martin Justis

And Here's their reply...

Martin,

Thank you for your recent e-mail. Unfortunately we do not recommend using other brands with a JR radio than a JR receiver. If you like you can send in the transmitter for us to have a look at, but it is possible that it may have nothing to do with the transmitter and that the Tx is just no compatible with these other receivers. I do not know what off brands are compatible with the radio system, since we only test with our own receivers.
I hope you find this information useful. If you have any further questions, please reply to this email or give us a call at 877-504-0233.

Thanks,
Daniel
Product Support Team Member
Horizon Hobby Distributors
4105 Fieldstone Rd.
Champaign, IL 61822
877-504-0233
[email protected]

So does this sound like BS to you?? Anyone else have this problem with JR XP6102??
Thanks,
Martin