RCU Forums - View Single Post - MS Composit AS350B Ecureuil Build Thread, Lots Of awesome photos....
Old 09-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Kdill2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MS Composit AS350B Ecureuil Build Thread

Last night I assembled the main rotor head to allow the locktite to setup on the blade holder screws, again hardened SHC screws

Assembly is straight forward, three bearings in each blade grip keep the alignment perfect and slop is non existent. This again is a major improvement over the older 2 bearing hornet2 blade holder design. It is amazing how much slop the additional bearing removes.

I also assembled the swashplate to blade grip links, 35mm length edge to edge, a nice even number. The reason I point this out is that the swashplate to servo links are measured center to center. The links are high quality std. black plastic hornet links. The link rods are nice in that they have a small slot cut in one end so you can use a small std. screwdriver to just screw them into the links. Again high quality hardware. It's attention to detail like this that make any of the MS Composit kits a joy to build.

I need to assemble the swashplate to servo links, but here's a pic of the major head components.

Ken