RCU Forums - View Single Post - Any tax attorneys in the house? Please contact RCadmin RE: AMA 2001 Financials...
Old 02-06-2003, 12:02 AM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any tax attorneys in the house? Please contact RCadmin RE: AMA 2001 Financials...

Originally posted by RCadmin
Vince,

Make it so I can get elected to be President and I will run. Unless I'm in that spot there isn't much I can do to change the AMA right now. Unfortunately the rules of the AMA dictate that I cannot run for the next president election. Change that and I will run, win, fix everything that needs fixing and then resign and find somebody to put in my shoes at the AMA to keep the ship on course once my mission is accomplished.

Going to the EC meeting will likely have little benefit. Even elected VP's cannot achieve their agenda if the good ole boys don't want it. A bystander will have even less effect. Voting in to office those who will make changes for the better eventually will make a difference. Have them repeal the ridiculous rule that states I cannot run in the next election for president and I will put my money where my mouth is. As it stands now if 99% of the entire AMA membership voted for me I couldn't be president. Absurd if you ask me but hey..I always believe in letting the people vote for what they want.

<SNIP>
Marc

I have been looking at your comments for a couple of days. It looks to me like the internet equivalent of:

"If you are not going to play the game my way, I am going to take my ball and go home"

JR