RCU Forums - View Single Post - Any tax attorneys in the house? Please contact RCadmin RE: AMA 2001 Financials...
Old 02-06-2003, 03:43 PM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In defense of Horrace

Originally posted by vpresley
Hoss the most interesting part about the old days, is they are old. As in don't apply to now a days. I have told and been told about the old days and how good they were. Now you have to make the new days do the same thing. John Worth, don't know him, but if he was such an autocrat as you say he was, wouldn't get away with it today. As we get up in years, it gets harder and harder to see past our own noses, our own opinions and our own beliefs. This tends to put us at odds with just about everything and everyone, except those that think like us. That club gets smaller and smaller as time passes. You wonder what happened to everyone. The question should be, whats happening to me/you. Being a contemplative person I have to look at other possibilites and give them some more consideration than I normally do sometimes. Getting juvenile with names and combatative with people in general serves no postive purpose and is a poor personal trait. Most modelers I know are not like that. Talk to more than just your little small group of people for a reality check. You might be surprized, but then again maybe not.

Vince Presley
In defense of Horrace, I guess I set him up for that. Very few of us, that can remember the days of John Worth, are as even-handed as Horrace was in his statement. Either Worth was loved or hated. He was definitely a "strong" ED. I asked Horrace for his opinion because I think it is important, for those that do not remember, to understand how the ED position has evolved. For as long as anyone can remember, the AMA is not going to be looking for a "strong" ED again.

As to Horrace himself, he is gruff and hmmm... anti-social? He has some of the best ideas, and ... worst that you will see about the AMA, but, sometimes it is difficult to get past the rhetoric to even consider them. If you look at the posts on any forum where he and I post, you will find that I probably chide him more than anyone else. Yet, at the same time, I have a great deal of respect for him.

To any of you that see Horrace as being against youth, you need to track down his real feelings. He can be very proud of those he perceives as deserving. Age has nothing to do with it.

JR