RCU Forums - View Single Post - Any tax attorneys in the house? Please contact RCadmin RE: AMA 2001 Financials...
Old 02-08-2003, 08:25 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any tax attorneys in the house? Please contact RCadmin RE: AMA 2001 Financials...

Well...B-model Mustang, I agree with your post entirely, except on one point...I do NOT think he occasionally makes good points...I think he is just a guy with a long-standing grudge against the AMA.
And yep, it always comes down to personal attacks. Which are just TOO EASY.
And you are dead right...I do have a family, and I don't want every nutjob from the internet showing up at my door. It's just common sense.
But I am far from anonymous. Many, many people from RCU know my name and where I live, and we have done business together, and gone flying together, all that good stuff. I'm not exactly hidden, you know? And those who know me know that I am not afraid to take a stand, and I don't "hide behind a screen name" just to start fights, and that I would not be afraid to confront some sanctimonious, misguided, insulting old CRANK who does a disservice to our hobby by spreading his venom and baloney, in PERSON, just as I am not afraid to confront him on the internet.
Some NERVE, this guy. He gets roundly defeated for re-election to the EC after only ONE term, many years ago, and he just won't give it up. And he gets defeated AGAIN, resoundingly, as a completely unqualified candidate for EVP just a few months back. And he gets SUED for spewing lies about the incumbent candidate.
I don't think he wants what is good for US, the members of the AMA. He has his OWN agenda, some sort of vengeance for some slight, real or imagined.
And while he is ranting about the corruption and the "old boy network" and how evil the AMA is, others are quietly WORKING within the system, and making changes for the better. It happens all the time. But it ain't Horace doing it. He's too busy screaming, making personal attacks, and just all-around being angry.
Horace, why don't you go build something. Or fly something. Somewhere along the line, it seems you forgot what this hobby is all about. It's not supposed to be about ANGER.