RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dave Patrick ULtimate 1.20 Bipe engine????
Old 03-21-2003, 12:33 PM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I strongly second that!!!

Originally posted by locomotive
I think you would be happier with more power....if you want to go with YS get a 140L. I have a Saito 180 on mine.......very good power.....not overly outragious.....a Saito 150 would be a good pick too, if you didn't want quite so much. I had a YS 120 AC on my Goldberg at 9 pounds.....your going to come out around 11 +. Unless you already have the YS 120 go with a little more power.....you will be glad you did.

I HAD a YS 120AC in mine and it didn't have unlimited... even if the FZ was a bit more powerful, I can't imagine it being anything more than "barely" unlimited if at all... If you want an excellent sport flyer, the 120 will be really nice... but if you want 3D... GO MORE....

I spoke with Dave too because I had one elevator 1/4" shorter than the other (the widest end) and he said it wouldn't matter. (He did, on his behalf, replace it after I insisted) I also told him I was having problems getting even throw.... he said it wouldn't matter. I really got the feeling I was getting blown off rather than him recognizing I wanted some precision in my setup...

Poor pull-pull design setup on this model make it darn near impossible to get this stuff right... (see a previous post showing a dual tiller arm setup I came up with...

He has a history of suggesting engine that are "soft" for the plane... his way I suppose of limiting his liability...

It's a shame too, because he is an excellent designer, the DP is a very solid plane and can handle more... I went with the OS 160FX and will love it to death, tho I'd love to try out an RCS 180...

DO make sure you add some tri-stock aroudn the firewall inside...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	64594_11422.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	28826