RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dave Patrick ULtimate 1.20 Bipe engine????
Old 03-24-2003, 12:55 AM
3D Romeo
My Feedback: (111)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for the heads-up lgodin!

Thanks lgodin!

You may have just saved me a couple years of building time, only to be disappointed with the finished product down the road! I bought the Sukhoi kit when Goldberg first released it, and it's been sitting in the basement ever since. Not many people were into 3D flying back then.

But once you 3D...there's no going back!

I originally was going to go with the 6 volts...but after talking with many people that compete in IMAC, and other aerobatic events, they told me if all my other R/C planes & equipment were 4.8 they would suggest staying with it. I was also told that most people wouldn't even notice the difference in the way the plane handles using 4.8 & 6 volts...except for the most demanding competitors (where even a minute edge could make a difference). Also, it would be one more thing to be conscious of when charging batteries, and I got enough to worry about already.

Another thing I was wondering about...are you hooking your pull/pull cables directly to your servo arms, or are you using bellcranks to take the load off of them?

I don't know if you ever checked out APC's 3D Prop page...but if you didn't, here it is:

http://www.apcprop.com/store/agora.c...uct=3D_Fun_Fly

Thanks again for the advice, and let us know as soon as you fly your Ulty!

Mark