RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dave Patrick ULtimate 1.20 Bipe engine????
Old 03-24-2003, 01:15 AM
nyrcpilot
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Thanks for the heads-up lgodin!

Don't get me wrong, the cg sukhoi flys pretty good, just not 3d....I see we think the same. One might try to build it lighter?!? Planes of late are coming in a lot lighter.

thanks for the link, still can't find the ellusive 17x7 prop

no bell cranks needed, my rudder servo puts out 160 + oz of tq ( at 6v of course )

As for charging, check out the mrc super brain charger from tower, has been a great charger.

I tried the new gp triton charger, sent it back. could not plug it in the wall and it was too demanding on the battery in the field box, the mrc is all I will ever need.

If you are still slow charging batteries.....it is worse than peak charging with this $49 charger, this charger can sense peak and shut off, I can charge my 2 2700 ma batteries in 78" extra in less than 45 minutes....at the field off my fb battery, I quick charge all my batteries, even the rx.....you should look into it.......FYI the first charge must be done on a slow charge, after that just peak them with this charger. Also if the packs go "flat" I peak them twice just to be sure.

I do notice a difference in speed on the 6v system, you do have to use a larger battery ( my smallest is 1300 ma ) because the 6v load drains a little faster, but it is all worth it.....I have a H9 pizazz that would not hold a knife edge, I put a 6v in it and with the extra power it does alpha knife and knifes all day!

battery help: check out www.rcfaq.com

Originally posted by deryckere
Thanks lgodin!

You may have just saved me a couple years of building time, only to be disappointed with the finished product down the road! I bought the Sukhoi kit when Goldberg first released it, and it's been sitting in the basement ever since. Not many people were into 3D flying back then.

But once you 3D...there's no going back!

I originally was going to go with the 6 volts...but after talking with many people that compete in IMAC, and other aerobatic events, they told me if all my other R/C planes & equipment were 4.8 they would suggest staying with it. I was also told that most people wouldn't even notice the difference in the way the plane handles using 4.8 & 6 volts...except for the most demanding competitors (where even a minute edge could make a difference). Also, it would be one more thing to be conscious of when charging batteries, and I got enough to worry about already.

Another thing I was wondering about...are you hooking your pull/pull cables directly to your servo arms, or are you using bellcranks to take the load off of them?

I don't know if you ever checked out APC's 3D Prop page...but if you didn't, here it is:

http://www.apcprop.com/store/agora.c...uct=3D_Fun_Fly

Thanks again for the advice, and let us know as soon as you fly your Ulty!

Mark