RCU Forums - View Single Post - Set Ups for 3D Buddies
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 03:20 PM
suitcase
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Set Ups for 3D Buddies

ORIGINAL: Aeronaut

I maidened my EF Yak today and am not impressed. I had severly warped ailerons. I tried to straighten them but it was not to be. I flew it anyway. Hovers at half stick and has good power. I came straight home and built new ailerons for it and that should solve some of my trim issues. Stab is off just a little, and will be straightened as well. I am not so impressed with the quality of this ARF. The landing gear was completely useless. I didn't bother with it at all. Hand launch, and gentle belly landings. Might grow to like it. Set-up is:
Hacker A20-20L
Eflite Pro 25 ESC
TP 3S 1320
APC 10x4.7SF

I wish I had gone with the Extra from Hobby Lobby. It looks like a better quality airframe.
You will grow to love it if you get it to fly straight and level. The buddy I had was the worst looking airframe I've ever seen. Everyone laughed when I showed it to them but were still amazed at how well the stupid thing flew. I was pleasantly surprised when the hobby lobby plane arrived. It's much stiffer and does wag back and forth nearly as much as the others. It still could use some stiffening in my opinion though. To update mine, I dumb thumbed it near the ground and broke it behind the "canopy", and one little spot where the toop of the canopy meets the fuse. I bought some 1/16ply and scabbed on one side and recoverd it. It's much stiffer now. I just took apin and punched some small holes in the cover at the other break and wicked in some thin CA. I also ordered a Hitec 0S5 RX. It's about the size of a penny. I replaced the HS55 rudder servo with a HS 65 so it should be stronger. I might fly the beast today.