RCU Forums - View Single Post - Eletronic engine syncronizer **SUPPORT **
Old 09-16-2006, 08:26 PM
yl5295
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Eletronic engine syncronizer **SUPPORT **

Jim,

email me a day/time that you can talk and be at/work with the plane and email me your phone #. My email is [email protected]. I don't have enough info yet to determine what your problem is. If you can not have a discussion with me the next couple of days then go ahead and send the unit back and I will put it on the test bench. If you send it back I need no wires only the unit itself.

I suspect the following on the throttle control issue
1. Sensor install issue
2. RFI - glow plugs not working right adds to this suspicion.
3. problem with your device.

Two other things I can suggest if you want to try a couple of things right away.

1. Try it with the glow plug drivers disconnected.
2. swap sensor and throttle servo connections to see if the issue is with one channel on the device (i.e. other engine has problem) or the same engine still has the problem afterwards (interference or sensor issue with that engine).

Email me a close up picture of your sensor install and that might clear up the issue as well.

As for the glow plug issue measure the voltage on the plug, the battery, and coming out of the unit. The wires coming out of the unit are 60 strand 22 AWG. Most 22 AWG gauge has less than a dozen strand which will not reach very far. You should be getting the same voltage at the plug that is coming out of the TwinSync. If you are getting more than a couple of tenths of a volt drop through the twinsync then I need to look at it. I expect that the voltage drop is probably in your wiring.

Bill