RCU Forums - View Single Post - My Brushless MT2-18SS with Mamba Max and A123 cells
Old 09-16-2006, 10:42 PM
TriPower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Brushless MT2-18SS with Mamba Max and A123 cells

ORIGINAL: RURC

ORIGINAL: TriPower

Thanks for the props guys. I'll get some speeds and videos on it once the roads around here dry.

Each pack is 3 cells, 9.9v, 2300 mah. Right now I'm running them in parallel, so I've got 4600 mah, and I can adjust the voltage between 9.9 and 14. If this truck isn't exciting enough, I can still put in a higher capacity motor and controller along with a second $39 turbo module, and produce 20-28 volts. It would only have around 1500-2000 mah at those voltages, but it should be quick on the dirt...

Unfortunately, I don't have a scale small enough for an RC truck, so I can't weight it yet. Gotta get one of those!
Looks Great!

DO NOT USE THAT HYPER THING WITH THE CASTLE IT WILL SMOKE IT. I promise. It will not go 6 cell lipo let alone where you are looking at.

How are you getting 9.9 out of a 3 cell lipo. The math dose not work. Lipo is 4.2 per cell static then you use 3.7 under load. Those come out to 12.6 and 11.1 repectively. Unless you are talking about your cut off voltage.
Huh? 6S lipo with the Mamba? What posts are you reading? Nothing I am doing has anything to do with lipo.

Did you forget your meds tonight? Just kidding!

A123 cells are 3.6v static. My system is capable of 28v, but as I said, I would need a new ESC and motor to support that.