RCU Forums - View Single Post - Recommendations for 1st Nitro Truck?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 02:28 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Recommendations for 1st Nitro Truck?

My Savage 25 was my first, and is the reason I'm so addicted to the hobby.. ABSOLUTELY problem-free, reliable, set-and-forget engine, tough, nothing short of AMAZING what it has survived.. Three thumbs up... The X though from what I hear is a different story...

Which is all why I'm looking very closely at getting a Thunder Tiger MTA4 S28.. In Europe that's the same as the MGT 4.6.. You just hear too many positives about it to have doubts..

The LST2 is surely awesome, but has issues out of the box.

The Aftershock is pointless.

The X may or may not be tough and reliable.. If you lived here I'd sell my new and unused one to you...

The Revo must be cool.., but more for racing I think. Lots of Traxxas-haters out there - for whatever reasons.. Traxxas just isn't big enough here..

So, coming from somebody who spends WAY too much time on RC forums, my clear call for the best, most reliable, solid MT of the moment is the MGT...

(unless of course you can find an older generation Savage - 25RTR, ATV, SS, and especially the Savage 25 LE.. If you can find that last one, pounce on it.. Best out of the box basher yet..)