RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3 year RCU anniv coming up... long standing members post your old school rides!
Old 09-21-2006, 09:34 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3 year RCU anniv coming up... long standing members post your old school rides!

avery4jc, are those beach pics taken at the Oceano Dunes and Pismo Beach?

I've only been a member for about 1 1/2 years, but I guess I'll post anyway.

It all started with a humble Traxxas Rustler, purchased on January 23, 2005 at Hobby Headquarters in Atascadero, CA.

This is the very first picture I took of this truck, after the very first run on a cold, wet January morning (the day following the purchase)

Then, with the help of rustler08, SkrapIron, 45mph pede, and a few others, I completed Rust-O-Pede. (Pede with a Rustler body). Afterwords, I eventually bought my second RC car that June, a Associated RC10GT Plus RTR. I drove it around for a few months, then sold it for $250 at the LHS on consignment. With the money, I bought a Mini-T Pro ARR and a Mamba Brushless. I drove that around, then eventually traded Sun_Kissed_Girl the Mini-T for her RC18T. I drove the RC18T around for a few months, then traded it for a E-flite Blade CP, and eventually for a HPI Nitro RS4 that I sold for cash. In the meantime, around October of 2005, I bought a Savage 25 for $275 here on RCU. I drove that around till around December, when I traded it for a brushless XXX-T. I kept the brushless and put it in my Pede, and traded the XXX-T with a Intellispeed ESC and Reedy Quad Mag motor for a Pro .15 T-Maxx. I drove the T-Maxx for a while, then sold it for cash. Then, in May of this year, I bought another Savage from a friend of mine from the flying field, for $350. This one has beadlocks, Picco .26, Truckzilla extended chassis and hardeded dogbones, the works. I still have it, and also still have my Pede. I also have all the original parts from my Rustler, as well as the original motor, ESC, manuals, decal sheet (with several of them cut out obviously), and even the original box it came in, still covered in the factory shrinkwrap, except one side where I opened the box from. Oh, and on July 4th, 2005, one of my friends gave me his Associated RC10 Championship Edition, which he had since he was 8 years old (he was 17 at the time when he gave it to me). I also still have that as well.

Well, there ya have my really boring and long history of RC cars. Now planes, thats another story.