RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3 year RCU anniv coming up... long standing members post your old school rides!
Old 09-21-2006, 10:23 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3 year RCU anniv coming up... long standing members post your old school rides!

You forgot about the prop'o'pede. Remember that? We tried figuring out how to come up with a proper brake for it. And you told us it was really tip happy. Too bad you don't have it.

My rc journey started with a rustler, which I picked with the help of aliens8mycows, and other helpful members. I drove it around, dropped in a 27 turn motor, and turned the stock tires into slicks. Bought some proline dirt hawgs for the back(still almost no wear lol)

My next rc was a rc10, which I actually had in the garage before I had the rustler. I drove that, threw in the27 turn, and it was fast. Soon got bored. I began looking around for something faster. I discovered nitro, and I was hooked. When I saw the mayhem for the first time, I had to have it. I looked which ones I could afford, but always looked back for the mayhem. Then one day while looking around ebay, I saw one for 320 dollars. I grabbed it, and had my first nitro. I drove it around, and this thing is still a beast. I have yet to get a faster car. My friend was selling his Savage. Bought it off of him. I then found a LST for 300 dollars in Austin. Hell yeah. Grabbed it, and still love it. I soon had the "Have to have every single car" bug. I bought a XXX-NT for 50 bux, threw it on ebay, and got 230 dollars for it. Score, more car money. Found a Sirio Kanai motor. Got it for 100, and included like another 200 dollars in extra stuff. Sold the motor for 223 dollars. Kept the stuff(lol). I then found a rc10t4 and a Nitro Mt rtr together, and got it for super cheap. I also got a xx-cr and a Ofna buggy together for cheap. The xx-cr is cool, and the Ofna has yet to move under it's own power(missing center dog bones, to lazy to buy them). I then got a Mini Inferno, and plan to hop it up.

I have sold only 1 of my cars, and I didn't even get to run that one before selling it. Was a really nice car though. I would have raced that thing every weekend. I'll buy another one later, lol.

I love this hobby, and I doubt I'll ever get out of it, despite my debt. (Dang debt).

Rustler brand new, right out of the package. Not even been outside.

My shortened story. I wasn't going to post 2 years of experience.

I'm an idiot. I forgot about the revo. LOL