RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitroplanes.com
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 12:26 AM
heinz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitroplanes.com

Hi there, I'm up here in Canada, here is an example, ( the seawind ) I purchased one from GP I paid $465.00 to my back door. Great looking unit,until the landing, she bounced of the runway twice and litteraly fell appart. After examining it I notice that the fuse was made in three parts, the two sides and the bottom ,and that is where it came appart , where they joint the sides to the bottom.Oh yes it also had hardly any formers, and the once they had where to far appart to do any good, and shattered. OK so much for GP.
Nitro plane, well I'm a sucker for the seawind. So I got one from Nitro, cost to my door $301.00( wow.) checked it out, they actualy had formers in it. ( lots of them ) built like a tank, great. Can't even wiggle the pylon ( the one from GP it wiggled , boy did it wiggle ) Anyways I find it a better quality in the construction, and yes, you have to guess what they mean or try to say, ( learn to read between the lines ) .
By the way GP did not cover their seawind under warranty , even though it was a poor quality of construction. Their reason , should not have bounced it on the runway.Gosh, how many of us have bounced on landings.OK , no more complaining.
A few of my friends also bought from Nitro and had the same remark. Well built planes. So there you have it from up here.
Well have to go now and sharpen up my snow shovel, snow is two hours away.