RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official HPI Hellfire Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 10:54 AM
CaptBags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Hellfire Thread

Do as you wish, I'm just trying to help. I don't care what Duratrax techs say = Maybe they know there engines don't make good power and, need to ran at the ragged edge to get power out of them? I do know this - heat is the enemy of ANY engine, heat expands parts and, makes them wear execessivly!

You could be running your lowend way to lean, the high end just rich enuff to get decent smoke in the upper range and, be running over 300* cuz it is WAY off! Now you have your beloeved smoke but the tuning is way off. leaning the bottom this much creates a good bottom end but runs eratic all over (lean). I've seen this many times from newbies and, even average tuners.

I know that i never run any of my engines big or small block, in either of my 15 nitros at 300 or over and they run excellent! Also WMFF82 is correct with the fact that temperature is only a tool for tuning - humidity, outside temp and, a few other factors weigh in but, 300 for a big block is definitly to hot!

If this is the case and, you seem to only get good power while in the 300* range go back over your needles. Try richening the lowend and, leaning the high a little - you may be making up for a lean lowend setting by a slightly rich high or, making up for a rich lowend by having a lean high setting!