RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Traxxas Nitro Sport Thread!!
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 12:13 PM
Blackfoot
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Traxxas Nitro Sport Thread!!

Run it rich for awhile. Keep it rich through the first gallon. Replace the rear tires and get something that works good off road and on road. I recommend the Losi Smashers.
They hook on and off road excellent. I even get wheelies with all my Trucks in wet grass. Run 20% fuel. Traxxas fuel is great stuff, no matter what they say. The 1.5 pro should last you an easy 4-5 gallons without any problems. I have one that has run 9 gallons untill I rebuilt it.

Keep it clean, thats the most important thing to do next to using after run oil, which can be substituted with WD-40. Pull the glow plug when your ready to put it up for the day, roll the motor to bottom of the stroke and squirt some in the hole, screw the plug back in and put her up for the day. When your ready to run again, pull the plug crank it over and remove as much of the after run as possible. Stuff the plug back in and run it. To keep it clean, use an air compressor and blow gun. Do not blow the air filters with air. Get a pack of extra filters and oil them, keep them in a ziplock bag and at the beginning of each days play, or when they get dirty, replace them with fresh ones. to clean them, use warm/hot soapy water and rinse them real good. Let them airdry then add air filter oil, squeeze the oil througout the filter and put them in a bag for use later.

Cut a hole in the windshield, this will allow for more airflow and make refuling the tank alot easier. Also, put a ziptie on the tank lid and let it stick out the windshield, this will alow you to refuel without having to remove the body. I also cut a rectangle hole in the rear of the body above the motor, so its open like a real truck bed, this allows the hot air to escape from the motor better. For winter bashing, which is my favorite time of year, get another body and dont open it up much, just a hole for fuel and a small hole above the motor. I run these tires on the rear.

and these Du-Bro skis on the front.

Most importantly, Have FUN. Dont let the Traxxas haters disuade you from Traxxas. They are an excellent RC. They are great for bashing and having fun without breaking the pocket book from maintence and upkeep.