RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which ARF for $100
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 04:59 AM
optech
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which ARF for $100

I don't think I've ever built a Sportsman Aviation ARF, or even seen one at the field, so I can't comment on them. So far I think the Sukhoi is going to be a nice flier. Other than the belly pan (and of course the cheap ARF hardware) I don't see anything wrong. I pulled the belly pan out of the plastic and it is really off color from the rest of the plane. However, the plane is covered and the pan is painted fiberglass so I guess I can't hold them too responsible considering the cost. I will have to repaint it though. Its just too noticable for me.... even for its intended "beater-to-fly-while-I-build" role.

"was Oracover on the older models? my magic 3d is covered in monokote "

Skinman,
Must be because I do notice they are advertising them with Monokote now. Unfortunately, I don't have the boxes for them anymore so I can't tell for sure. I will say on the older one, when I've had to fix a mishap the covering sure doesn't act like Monokote. "How old do you ask??" That Magic is one of the first original batch with the lighter one piece wing. This Sukhoi I just bought must be an Oracover bird because it doesn't have the Monokote advertisement on it.

Mike