RCU Forums - View Single Post - Gp Pitts I Got One--see The Pics
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2002, 02:52 AM
S. Miller
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes Pitts

RORO,
All the required holes are already cut out in the plane for the servos. All that needs to be done by you is to cut away the covering. There is a sheet of instructions that come with the plane that show some updates on what they did, so make sure that you find it. They have nice control horns that come with the kit for all control surfaces. But using two rudder servos you will be
short one horn. I replaced 4 horns with 1/4 scale Dubro horns
and used them on the ailerons. You can drill holes through the ailerons with a drill press ( to keep holes straight) to apply the horns. In the instruction updated sheet they tell you how to install hardwood blocks in each aileron so you dont have the top of the horn showing. I used this method it was pretty easy, cut away covering, cut out the aileron wood, epoxy in hard wood block sand down and recover, makes it look alot better. I used
JR 507 servos in all 4 ailerons, Hitec 605 bb for the elevator halves
and the rudder. I also used 2 1400 mil amp packs that were placed rear of the gas tanks to balance the plane. The only question that I had is I have never built a plane without epoxying
fiberglass tape around the wing halves. The instruction do not call for this to be done. If they did it would ruin the covering job.
The plane does have heafty braces that put the wings together.