RCU Forums - View Single Post - GROUP BUILD - Top Flite Giant Scale F4U Corsair
Old 09-29-2006, 10:17 AM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: GROUP BUILD - Top Flite Giant Scale F4U Corsair

Jon about the engine mount there are pic's back in this thread of how I did mine, cone from B&B hard mounted to 3/8 a/c 5ply and bolt through rubber mounts in to blind nuts in the fire wall, Fire wall is 1/2 a/c 6ply its just what in had on hand drilled tips of bolts and safety wired in pairs 3/4X3/4 try stock behind fire wall all sides then I pinned fire wall thru fuse box with 1/8 H/W dowel one each side. If you plan on a B/B Lt miller full pilot, I found that I had to lower the cockpit floor a full 5/8,this ment I had to adjust the pushrod holes, and servo mount, so plan ahead, besure to backup the dummy radial with lite ply not more than 1/8 with a 62 you will have some close trim fits. The cockpit is vacuum formed so in the rough its allitle cheep but with some paint it can be made to look ok except to the corsair experts, if you are going for a sliding canopy I would think about building a cockpit, mind just went blank...

Read the threads that you think will give you the most help and look close at the pic's it takes a lot of time but can save a lot of headaches

Cheers Bob T