RCU Forums - View Single Post - GROUP BUILD - Top Flite Giant Scale F4U Corsair
Old 09-29-2006, 11:13 PM
Jon72286

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GROUP BUILD - Top Flite Giant Scale F4U Corsair

Hey guys, Things are going good with the build. Although I am a little intimadated with the rest of it. i guess its just that I have so much money invested in it that I am afraid of screwing it up and having a half built plane that I messed up. I have a lot of research to do on it. I still have never glassed a plane and these are the biggest retracts that I have ever installed and I have never done gear doors. I guess I feel like I have bit off more than I can chew, you know what I mean lol. I figure if I take my time and do things slow and easy and do a ton of research that I will be fine. This is also the biggest plane that I have ever owned or flown or even built. I just want to get things right. Maybe I could work on a few side projects to get my building skills up to par. Any advice? Thanks for the info with the G62. Not quite sure what all you guys ment but after looking at the plans I kind of figured it out. I still have the rubber mounted firewall kit that I bought as an accesory. Should I substitute it with thicker wood and then line up and drill my holes? Thanks for the help

P.S. Dont think the CO of the ship will let me fly it off the flight deck. Major FOD (foreign object damage) hazard but a few of my buddies and I fly our flat 3D foamies at the end of cruise in the hangar bay after all the Jets have flown off. Its always a crowd pleaser for people when they see a couple of them buzzing around the Hangar Bay. Thanks again

Petty Officer Jonathan P. Green USN