RCU Forums - View Single Post - GROUP BUILD - Top Flite Giant Scale F4U Corsair
Old 09-29-2006, 11:33 PM
wulf190
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GROUP BUILD - Top Flite Giant Scale F4U Corsair

LOL John, Yes, that would be a bit of a FOD for sure. There's one solution to the intimidation factor of the build (it was my biggest project to date when I took it on too)---answer: get a bigger project that makes it look smaller! Just kidding.

There's been some guys using the US41, but it definitely won't get the job done on performance as you desire like the G62 does. I bought my plane a couple days after seeing this combination fly, saying "yep, that's the one". It was very impressive I thought..just done in the box scheme but nicely scaled out. Performance was really impressive I thought, with power enough for nice big loops and to take a little tension off of certain situations I could see from just watching it fly. Your description of what you want is exactly what I saw from the G62 combo on the plane. I yanked mine in favor of the Sachs of even displacement... a heavier and maybe a little more powerful motor. I wouldn't feel bad with a 75 in there I'm sure either. Glassing's no biggy, don't fret it. Plenty of info out there for you to guide you through the process somewhat.....and feel good about the gear. I know they're pretty well liked units that seem to hold up when off grass too. The doors are kind of a pain, but were worth the effort I thought (until I rip them off on the first belly landing [X(]). Like me though, just don't take your pulse the first time you fly it[8D].