RCU Forums - View Single Post - GROUP BUILD - Top Flite Giant Scale F4U Corsair
Old 10-01-2006, 02:59 AM
Jon72286

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GROUP BUILD - Top Flite Giant Scale F4U Corsair

Thanks for the help guys. I guess I just need some more confidence that I can build it and build it good. i am kind of a perfectionist when it comes to a lot of things, especially my planes. i just want to do it and do it right. I am just going to take my time and if I have any doubt on anything I will stop and research it before I mess it up and cant go back.

Question, what servos are you guys using in yours? I know that all of the control surfaces should have at least a torque of 70 or so. what have you all been using. Also what kind of radio do you guys use? I am looking into getting a JR XP 9303 for my go to radio. I love warbirs first but there is that wild side of me that loves to get an ultimate up there and cut loose. Thats how I got started in this sport with nothing but aerobat flyers. My first plane was Sonic 500 plyon racer that I learned how to fly and then I pushed it to its aerobatic limit. What a great plane and I built that thing solid.

Ok, last question. What prop are you guys using? I really want to turn a three blade on the bird but I have been reading that thry dont fly all that good. I just cant wait to do those big loops and slow rolls and straight up verticals. Can a three blade pull that off with a G62 on it? Let me know what you think.

Thanks again. Petty Officer Jonathan P. Green USN