View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 11:11 AM
bonedaddy41
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite Staggerwing

ORIGINAL: CRAZYRYAN

ORIGINAL: pettit

According to Don Anderson at Great Planes, at the IMS Show last week, the Staggerwing will be red with black trim.

It is designed for a 120 sized 4 cycle or a 160 sized twin four cycle.

And look for it in April. Maybe at the Toledo show on display.

The OS 160 twin fits in the cowl, so maybe a Saito 3 cylinder will fit too.

The OS 5 cylinder is "...much too big, size and power-wise..." according to Great Planes also.
or make cuts on the cowl for the three cylinder heads that will show some class with the gold look to it i think ill get this one instead of a piper arrow. after flying the super cub for a while and really good with it, will this plane be good as a second scale flyer?

I think the key words that most of us missed the first time around are "second scale flyer". The Staggerwing will not fly anything like the cub. But if you have experience with a su-31 on high rates, the biplane should be no problem ... EXCEPT ... for landings. When Birddog said the Stagger would not be a floater ... that statement is in a different zip code than saying a SU is not a floater In general, most biplanes tend to become large bricks when the power is chopped. They like a little more speed on landing than even your most "portly" mono-wings. You literally fly a biplane to the ground .. and then some. Heck, I have one bipe that I have to fly all the way back to the pits while taxiing Short coupled heavy biplanes are some of the nastiest animals on this planet ... and they are the most fun to fly