RCU Forums - View Single Post - Plane stuck in tree:(
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 12:57 AM
Slo-V Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Plane stuck in tree:(

Don't lose hope. I had my Slo-V stuck in a tree a few weeks ago. It was also because of the wind blowing it against my controls, as the battery died unexpectedly. The darn thing was stuck for about 4 days, including 2 days in light rain! It was also stuck about 4 feet up between branches. The tree was unsafe to climb beyond 10 feet to reach the far out branchs.

I spent about an hour or two each day before I got it down. I used some cheap 20lb fishing line, and an assortments of weighty twigs tied to one end, and basically found out I didn't really have a throwing hand. After 3 days of practice me and my younger brother managed to start hitting the plane, and close branches. Fortunately the weather had knocked it down a branch about 5 feet lower. Finally, my brother tossed the twig *over* the plane's branch, but the line somehow caught a hold of the wing. He tugged the crap out of it until it finally tore a little bit of the wing, and snapped the landing gear out of it's slot which was the only reason for the plane still being up there. The plane came down into some tall plants. I was so glad. Everything except the completely dead battery still worked!

Just hang in there and know that most planes that get stuck I've read in the forums of, come down eventually, whether by force, or due to winds. Try the fishing line tied to a twig method. It will seem to get stuck in all the wrong branches at first, but you will get it.